CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 5, 2010

the fourth of july...


i had to teach relief society on sunday, and since it was the 4th of july i decided to make summery looking cookies. i found this idea on a blog [sorry, i dont remember where] and i was just dying for an excuse to make them... so katie, kelsey & i whipped up our very first batch of watermelon cookies for the relief society sisters...


ps... they are just a sugar cookie recipe with a green frosting/glaze and mini chocolate chips as the seeds... too stinking cute... right? i just love them. :)

::

i texted danielle a picture of the cookies, and she texted me back these adorable red, white and blue cupcakes. and that made me remember that i had bought this really cute cupcake set from walmart a while back... it came with cute festive wrappers and these adorable mini pinwheels. so i gave the townsend inspired multi-colored cupcakes a go... i think they were pretty good for my first time. and my family was impressed :)

 ps... those last 2 are courtesy of zac baker photography :) ... visit his blog, it is fantastic!

::

that night we had a riveting game of croquet... dad, me, kelsey, austin, dustin, travis [and then adrian] played... it was a ton of fun playing on our lawn. the sprinklers even came on in the middle of our game... it was too funny!

 ::

this whole fourth of july weekend was just a hoot. we swam a bunch and grilled even more. i love my family and i love my country... and i love hayley [i couldn't very well do a family post and not put a picture of her in... lol].


8 comments:

kelsey

this weekend was so great! we should swim and grill that much all the time :)

kelsey

ps- holy cow all of your cookies and cupcakes were A-dorable :)

kelsey

this was a great weekend! we should swim and grill this much everyday :)

ps- your cookies and cupcakes are A-dorable!!

Mark and Rachel

Looks like bunches of fun!!

Mom

The cookies were SO cute. and the cupcakes amazing! You are so creative Kendle! We did have a great weekend!

Zac

I'm glad I could share in post-4th activities. They were great! You'll be surprised how crazy red I am. Seriously, it didn't look bad this afternoon but my mom had to put aloe on me and I could totally use some more right about now.

Also, thanks for the photo/blog shout-out! It was so fun to help you out, especially with such a fun cupcake!

Paula Franck

Great cookies!! so much work!
Love the cupcakes too, they look easier than what I did. I made a round cake and when it was sliced it looked like the American flag!! It was tricky and my blue corner kind of fell apart but there were some good spots, so I sliced in and presented on the plate - people clapped :) I forgot to take pictures though. I miss your artist talent around here!

kar.deez

I love your family and your creativeness also.